After church and US Pizza with D today,
this was all I wanted to do:
lay in bed.
read magazines.
catch up on blogs.
watch crappy movies (aka the prince and me 2. yeah. I did that.)
listen to the rain falling outside my window.

I have since moved to the couch, but I am still being approximately the same level of unproductive.
On my way to Jonesboro last weekend I pulled out some old John Mayer cd's. Isn't it funny how you can remember every word of songs you haven't heard in years? Such a great feeling. This is one of my favorites and I couldn't help but think of it today.
In these days with the world gettin colder
She spends more time sleeping over
Than I’d planned
Tonight we're gonna order in
Drinkin wine and watchin CNN
It’s dark, I know
But then again, it's the brightest thing I've got
When I'm covered in rain, rain
When I'm covered in rain, rain, rain, rain
From fireworks to fireplaces
Someone stole what fall replaces
And now we're people watching
All the people, people watching us right back
Standing by the missing signs
At the CVS, by the checkout line
She puts her quiet hands in mine,
Cause she's the brightest thing I've got
When I’m covered in rain, rain
When I’m covered in rain, rain, rain, rain
Oh, I’m covered in rain
Oh, I’m covered in rain
Oh, I’m covered in rain
And come December, Lydia left.
She mentioned something ‘bout it being for the best,
And I can't say I disagree, and its killing me.
And now I’m standing facing west
Tracing my fingers round a silhouette
I haven’t gotten used to yet,
But it’s the brightest thing I’ve got
When I’m covered in rain
{covered in rain - john mayer}
... on a side note: thanks for everything this weekend, boyfriend :)
Just talking about your bed today. S and I are getting ready to upgrade to a KING..Whew! i guess you get engaged and then upgrade to a bigger bed to get away from eachother.. Ha! But we're seriously considering making a head board. Might need some chatting with you and denden? Phone tage eh? I guess I'm it...but really sal? Did you think I would answer last night? I was asleep by 1045! Bless it.. i know! Geeze!! Im with the kiddos tomorrow, not college- so theres no telling the shape/ mood I'll be in when I get home! Ha JK! Ill call you.
ReplyDelete