Monday, August 3, 2009

Not Ready

I move this weekend. I start pharmacy school on Monday. A week from today. I am not ready. NOT ready.

These are other thoughts on my mind...

1. I really want a floor mirror for my new room. I like these from West Elm and Pottery Barn, but... yeah can't afford them right now. At Target I found one for like 70 bucks... I'm considering buying it and painting it since finding wood to match my furniture would be tough. Maybe like a metallic bronze-y color? maybe crackley? Or maybe just a fun color? Any thoughts?

--West Elm--

--Pottery Barn--

--Easel Mirror from Target... needs to be painted for sure--


2. I want a haircut. Like a real haircut. I've had this 'do for too long... and I'm considering going short. As in a little above the shoulders short. But GOSH so scary! I really do like my hair now. as it is. long. I don't have to really fix it. I can wear it up, down, straight, curly, wavy, curled, hotrollered... I guess it's perfect for me. But I still want something different. This is the cut I'm into and I've actually been into it for a while now. Probably a year. Still thinking about it..

--jennifer nettles (sugarland) how cute is she?--

--Rachel McAdams from a recent Marie Claire article. When I was trying to find this picture, I came across pictures of her with about a million different 'dos. For real. Blonde, Brown, short, long, spiky, curled, straight... it's nuts! And she looked good in every single one. Bitch. :) I'm kidding. I love her. --

4 comments:

  1. you need to ask hillary about my floor mirror. it is HUGE and awesome and only $99 from ikea. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00081591

    also - i will tell you one thing about the hair. mine was not as long as yours but i chopped it off and totally regret it! i started "growing it out" like two weeks after i got it cut. i said i would always warn a girl with long gorgeous hair like yours - dont chop it!! you will miss it! but if it grows fast give it a shot - mine grows soooo slow its painful!

    good luck with school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. if you want to make the trip to dallas, IKEA has a baller mirror that looks like the west end one for 99 bones. Hailey has it and I LOVE IT. Im not sure if they ship or not? Im leaning towards no, but you could check

    2. I love love love Jennifer Nettles period. She's so stylish ans goes out on limbs...maybe reminds me of you? Minus her super star status...I don't think youre there quite yet, but I know I know you're working on it.

    3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her hair and Im really thinking you should do it. You are starting a new chapter in life. Its like when people get married they chop their hair. You're prettty much saying I DO to UAMS for the next three years...so I think this is a must. I've never known you with any form of short hair...

    4. You will NEVER EVER EVER cut your hair. end of story. Its like my blanky...you'll never get rid of it.

    5. Lets make a deal- your hair goes and so does the blank.

    See ya friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giiirrl! Go short! I took the leap of faith and chopped it all off and I have no regrets! I loved the change!

    As for the mirror-- paint it a color you look good in (clothing) because when you look into it the color choice will ultimately reflect on the image you see... soooo you need a color that compliments you!

    Did that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are the best!

    Hailey - I love that mirror! Unfortunately they don't ship and I don't plan to make any trips near an IKEA soon... but maybe I should change that! ha! And about the hair - that is EXACTLY what I am worried about! My hair grows decently fast, but I know most people regret cutting it. My hair stylist told me the same thing :(

    Hill - you wouldn't give up that blanky even if I shaved my head, much less if I just cut it. You're crazy. No deal. But, that jump from your #3 to #4 made me lol! btw, i'm marrying UAMS for 4 years. Gosh I wish it was three. but maybe I'll come to Fayetteville to do the last 2 years and bug you.

    Kirsten- that makes complete sense to me! Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping you'd comment with a great idea! Thanks! And, although I'm undecided about my hair... yours really does look great short! More grown up but still fun. Thanks again!

    I'm so thankful that my three total followers are still following haha and actually commenting geez I'm lucky!

    ReplyDelete