Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Here goes nothing..

First, let me just say... I'm not messing anything up at UAMS Ha! I actually can't even take credit for this goofy blogname. One of my best friends, Hillary can't either. But, her boyfriend Steven can!

For months, Hill and I discussed how great blogs were and how we should start one. Please keep in mind this was in April/May/June... so, somewhere at the very end of June I stumbled across a blog I thought might look interesting. Whaddya know I was in the picture at the top of the blog. Excuse me? Well, it appears Miss Hillary was having these discussions with me about WANTING to start a blog... and she actually did it. Without telling me. Okay. Cool. Moving on.

Once I found it and obviously grilled her about her behavior, she decided I needed one as well. But what on Earth do I have to say? That is yet to be seen. The largest worry to me was whatintheheck to name this thing! So, clearly Hillary had ideas about this. And, apparently so did Steven. I had no idea this was fascinating dinner table discussion for that lovely little couple, but I found that it was. Sorry Hill, but Steven had way better ideas! ha! And they were WAY better than mine. First idea out on the table, (courtesy of Steven) " Callie's Layer" hahahhahahaha I know, right? Well, if you know my name that's funny. However, two problems: 1. Don't know how I feel about having my name as the name of the blog. Don't really want any creeps after me. 2. I was afraid it would just read "callieslayer" and upon seeing that and not knowing me, I, personally, would think Callie S. Layer. Not my middle initial. ... Hillary had a few other decent options including "Daily Prescriptions from Callie," but that just felt like I should give advice and goodnessknows noone needs my advice.

So, this is where I ended up. Although this is certainly going to be a super nerdy, stressful, busy, scholastic four years for me... I hope I am able to talk about things more interesting than just UAMS! So, don't worry... I won't blog about how a medication works. And hopefully I won't talk about other completely boring things either. What will I talk about? Good question.



--My dear Hillary and I ringing in 2009! (could you tell?)--






Hillary, I hope this post finds you surviving school! I can't wait to talk to you again after this mess! And, of course, thank you for answering all my stupid blog questions.


This girl is my smartypants "teacher friend." I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Woo whoo.. Im pretty pumped!!! I can't wait.. hey cute background..its SO you

    ReplyDelete