Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kay Kaaaayy

This past weekend one of my favorite friends, K.K., came to visit. It was pretty much just a spur of the moment trip and those are always the best! K.K. and I became really close friends a little over a year ago. She was bffs with some of my best friends Mo, Hillary and Jackie, so they introduced us, but it wasn't until we all moved in together that we got super close. And by "we all moved in together" I mean all of those girls listed plus myself. We can call Hillary an honorary roommate even though she didn't actually LIVE with us, but she got ready with us there before every fun night! Anyways, back to K.K. We spent several nights in the house together minus our other 2 roommates (shackers) so we hung out a lot! She is a HOOOT!!!! She is from a pretty small, super southern town so she has a really great accent. ha After he met her, one of my friends' dads said it was like a southern valley girl... and all he could think of was "legally brunette!" She also happens to be one of the smartest girls I know (2 scholarship offers for law school! sheesh!) so Legally Brunette is pretty perfect. Oh and she pretty much has the exact same interests as I do. We're obsessed with fashion and music and pretty much she's the only friend of mine who doesn't think my music is weird haha yes, Hill, talking to you! Moral of this story is I looooveeee K.K. and I was so glad she randomly decided to come visit! Here are a couple of good pics of us from the past year.

--somewhere on Dickson, I'm sure, but where?--


--always. this is us.--






--a little better. we have a good time. --






--in case for some crazy reason you couldn't tell, these are our senior pictures. Dickson, duh.--



Luckily for K.K. she came for an unusually exciting weekend in the big J-town. My parents live on the Jonesboro Country Club, so pretty much their favorite thing to do is sit in the backyard on pretty nights. Of course Den plays golf and tennis, but other than that it's just good for the view. This weekend was an especially exciting weekend to be here because there was a big golf tournament going on and tons of people around. Friday night we went to the club to eat dinner with my parents and have drinks. One of my best friends from high school, Ellen, came with us too and we really had a blast! Had some wine, great meal and then more wine/cosmos. K.K. and Ellen had never met, but they're both so easy-going and fun that it worked out great! Such a good night. The next morning K.K. and I were a little slow to get going, but we met Ellen at the pool for a few hours even though it was cloudy. After that we made some strawberry dacquiris and had some rotel. Healthy, right? K.K. and I rode around with my parents to watch some good golf then cooked dinner before getting all dolled up to go out to the Brickhouse. Brickhouse is a notsogreatrestaurant/prettyfunbar downtown and it's one of the only places to go "out" here. Downtown Jonesboro is actually kind of a fun place these days... we now have a few new cool restaurants/bars and there are more coming (like 6 before the end of the year! fancy!). But this was not the Jboro I grew up in. All this good stuff came after we left for college. Of course we wouldn't have cared before we were legal really, anyway, I guess. Anyways, we had a pretty good time. K.K. is from DeQueen which is miniature so I hope she had a good time in the big city! HA! I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from our weekend!

--Ellie, Me and K.K. at dinner--




--K.K. and I before going to the brickhouse (obviously overdressed, but that's us) --

1 comment:

  1. Ugh.. im so sad I missed it! Geeze I miss yall. when are you coming up here?

    ReplyDelete