Thursday, July 16, 2009

I am not a normal college student

Every year my parents have a 4th of July party in our backyard because we live on the golf course where they have fantastic fireworks! yay! Anyways, it's a "supperclub" party with some other friends and neighbors. Lots of older people and some kids and... me and David and 2 of my friends. haha Oh well! One of my mom's best friends, MaryBeth and her husband, shared the hosting duties with my parents. About a week before, MB came over so she and my mom could plan decorations and everything. To their surprise, I had seen fabulous ideas all over the place so I had all sorts of input. Whether they wanted it or not :) Lucky for me, MB loves to bake too and she completely understood my obsession! Thank goodness! So... here are some pictures of the amazing-ness I helped create :)


--me making "sparklers" like Martha!--

--they look cool, huh??--

-- hahahaha this is probably my favorite picture. I gave David the oh-so-important job of separating the red, white and blue m&ms from each other. he was thrilled. --

--making Bakerella's famous cupcake pops!!! I was so excited!!! and I love wearing an apron. --

--finished product! aren't they cute? and, seriously, ya know how some super cute bakedgoods don't really taste that great? these are D-licious! everyone was so impressed! --

--went just a little overboard... but doesn't it look good! minus the wilted sparklers, that is. they didn't love the heat and humidity. --

--hey there boyfriend! I really don't even think he was impressed, I think he just thought I was so weird. He kept rolling his eyes and saying oh my gosh. deep down, i'm sure he loved it. atleast, I'm going to tell myself he did. ha --



sorry for so many pictures... thank you for indulging me! I was just so in love with it all! and so proud cause I took on so much!! it was a great party!

3 comments:

  1. im glad you're trying to show me up you skank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, that was totally my goal by planning all of that before i even talked to you. idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um those cupepcake pops are the cutest things i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete